You asked, we listened!
We have had so many requests for Barton to host another DSM-5 workshop before the end of this calendar year. Many students are studying intensely for their exams this time of year, and they know from the testimonials of others and from attending Barton’s other workshops that the tips and knowledge he offers will help them pass.
Those who have attended our previous DSM-5 workshop loved it. We asked for their feedback, and they suggested two things: allow more break time, and lengthen the workshop. They found Barton’s content SO helpful that they wanted him to review more diagnoses in depth!
The purpose of the DSM-5 workshop is to prepare you for the most common diagnoses to pass your exam. Previously, Barton offered this workshop for those studying to pass the NCMHCE Exam (National Clinical Mental Health Counseling Exam). But we realized — many other students need to know the DSM-5 and diagnose clients on their exam. So we revised our original workshop to accommodate the needs of those taking any kind of counseling exam that requires diagnosing: the NCMHCE, the Marriage and Family Therapy Exam, the Social Work Exam, and the Psychiatric Nursing Exam.
Barton Bott will focus heavily on the most common diagnoses you need to know for your exam. This workshop will help you with Recognizing, Differentiating, and Diagnosing — the key elements for passing your exam.
- How do you recognize disorders
- How can you differentiate between similar disorders?
- Ultimately, determining the final diagnosis for your client
- Key words and tricky phrases to help you easily remember diagnoses
- Learn the major diagnostic categories and the diagnoses in each, and how to remember them for your exam
- How to differentiate between similar diagnoses (such as Conduct Disorder vs ODD, Schizoaffective vs Bipolar Disorder with Psychotic Features)
- Tips and tricks to distinguish what your exam is asking for
- Case examples and simulation presentations of the most common diagnoses
- Quiz provided at the end for attendees to take at-home after the workshop
- Free handouts provided to attendees
When: Saturday, December 12, from 10AM to 6PM Eastern time
Where: From the comfort of your own home, via Zoom
Cost: $255 to attend this 8-hour workshop
8 hour workshop format
- Section 1: 10:00 AM – 1:30 PM — 3.5 hours
- Lunch break: 1:30 PM – 2:30 PM — 1 hour
- Section 2: 2:30 PM – 6:00 PM — 3.5 hours
- Please note, the times listed are in Eastern time. Find your local start time here.
Join us on December 12th for our all day DSM-5 workshop to prepare for your exam. You won’t regret it!